Fraud Detection Suite™ (FDS)
FDS is customizable, rules-based fraud detection system that provides Web merchants with powerful filters and tools to identify, manage, and prevent suspicious and potentially cost fraudulent transactions. Merchants have the ability to customize FDS filters and tools to match their business needs and control how suspicious transactions are handled, including accept, decline, and hold for manual review.
Credit card fraud exposes Web merchants to potentially significant and ongoing costs.
What can FDS do for you?
- Reduce Costs – Minimize and prevent authorization and chargeback fees as well as possible inventory loss resulting from fraudulent transactions
- Protect Profits – Maximize legitimate transactions, rather than refusing business due to a fear of potential fraud.
- Maximize Flexibility – Customize filter settings according to your unique business needs.
- Improve Intelligence – Restrict transaction activity from specific Internet Protocol (IP) addresses using powerful IP tools.
- Easy to use – A setup wizard guides you through the configuration process.
FDS includes multiple filters and tools that work together to evaluate transactions for indicators of fraud. Their combined logic provides a powerful and highly effective defense against fraudulent transactions.
- Amount Filter – Set lower and upper transaction amount thresholds to restrict high-risk transactions often used to test the validity of credit card numbers.
- Velocity Filter – Limit the total number of transactions received per hour, preventing high-volume attacks common with fraudulent transactions.
- Shipping-Billing Mismatch Filter – Identify high-risk transactions with different shipping and billing addresses, potentially indicating purchases made using a stolen credit card.
- Transaction IP Velocity Filter – Isolate suspicious activity from a single source by identifying excessive transactions received from the same IP address.
- Suspicious Transaction Filter – Reviews highly suspicious transactions using proprietary criteria identified by Authorize.Net’s dedicated Fraud Management Team.
- Authorized AIM IP Addresses – Allows merchant submitting Advanced Integration Method (AIM) transactions to designate specific server IP addresses that are authorized to submit transactions.
- IP Address Blocking – Block transactions from IP addresses known to be used for fraudulent activity.
Protect Your Business
Learn more from AuthorizeNet’s Internet fraud in our Education Center under Fraud Prevention Center.
Merchants interested in signing up for an Authorize.Net Payment Gateway account with FDS can contact us at 1-800-313-5198.