Merchant Services Program accepting EBT Payments
Are you a RETAILER – merchant – looking to accept EBT (Food Stamp) cards at your business?
Get information about our Wireless or Landline Terminal Programs to accept SNAP (EBT Food Stamps) EBT Cash Benefit cards, credit cards and ATM/debit cards for your business.
Iowa Farmers Market
This Project provides wireless point-of-sale machines to qualified vendors across the state. This enables vendors to accept the EBT food assistance card, MasterCard or Visa, or Discover.
Watch the Iowa Farmer’s Market Story — [click here for video]
*Video with permission and courtesy of the Iowa Department of Human Services. All rights reserved.
USDA/Food & Nutrition Services is the federal agency that issues merchants their FNS number. As of Oct. 1, 2008, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is the new name for the Federal Food Stamp Program.
Any retailer that would like to accept food stamp benefits (EBT) must be licensed to participate in the Food Stamp Program.
Are you interested in a Merchant Services Program that accepting EBT cards?
- To obtain an SNAP (also known as EBT SNAP) Retailer Application you can:
- Toll Free Information Number for Retailers (1-877-823-4369) You can call Request a Retailer Application Package be mailed to you.
- Visit the FNS Field Office
- Apply Online Application Customers who want an easy, 24-hour a day, 7 days a week, access to request an application to become authorized retailer in the Food Stamp Program can take advantage of this service.
2. Obtain the Full Merchant Services Merchant credit card and ATM/debit card processing application from Kim at Ignite Payments MerchantSource®. You can call direct at (800) 313-5198 or email you request to be contacted to KimL@merchantsource.com.
3. You, the merchant, must then provide a copy of your acceptance letter with the FNS number with your Merchant Application submission to MerchantSource®.
New Wireless SNAP-EBT Smartphone/ Tablet Technology to be offered in a Pilot Program soon!
Portable-Wireless Technology is changing. Coming soon smart phone/tablet SNAP-EBT card processing options.
With state-of-the-art technology constantly changing, point-of-sale terminals are the tradition and have been the industry standard for years. However, with the demands for smart phone and tablet app-based solutions, innovation demanded that new secure encrypted, EMV compliant and PCI compliant products be developed. We are happy to say that coming soon our clients will be able to take advantage of such technology. A system which will enable a merchant to securely process credit, ATM/debit, SNAP-EBT (food stamp/cash benefits cards) offering a multitude of receipt options.
Interested in learning about this new technology and participating in a government Pilot program? Send us your contact information and a little bit about your farmers’ market or mobile business and we will respond to let you know if you qualify to participate in this innovative technology program.